Read /news in-game.
This is a Survival Server - make things on your own.
- Don't beg.
- go to a creative server when you're to lazy to work (mine and craft)
- when asking for help, give details of what you need help with. That raises your chances of a speedy response that helps.
- open inventory with i and search the recipes. It displays how to craft sub-items and also in which recipes that item is used.
Find stable sources of food.
- Start with collecting apples, then build own food source.
- A wheat field or some apple trees is done fast and supports you with food.
Make your first basic items
- Look for a tree, take it down and keep all: trunk and leaves.
- Make planks and sticks. From these make your first tools.
- Make oil extract from leaves and use that as your first fuel.
Go to a public mine and get some materials.
- Don't dig down in mines, this way you will fall and will have hard time recovering Bones.
- Dig sideways. Try finding gold or buying it (search prices on the web map) for your first protection block.
- Until then your locked chest is your base.
- Once you have stone, upgrade to stone tools. Later iron and finally diamond. Same goes for armour.
- Use a furnace to smelt ores into ingots. to get next better tools (2 for sword, 3 for pick-axe, 24 for armor)
- Also make locks for chests.
- Even wooden armour is better than none.
Build a home with protection. A protection block is made out of 8 stone and one gold ingot, and protects an area of 11*11*11 nodes.
- Walls keep your home safe from monsters.
- Store your items in locked/protected chests (seeds, leaves, ore, wood, ...)
- Smelt only as many ores as you need (in the beginning), later use grinder to make double ingots out of ores.
Find a public workshop and read instructions there.
- Later you will be able to build your own machines at home.
Make/buy some bags. They greatly expand your inventory and you will not lose items in them in case of death.
- Cotton seeds can be made to bread, so cotton is a good starter plant for your farm.
Repair tools and armor at a public workshop.
- Repair tools before they break. Level them up to 6 for faster and longer use.